Tuesday

The Right Stuff


Not too long from now, my wife and I will be enjoying the role of new parents. I have tried to keep the news off of the blog, but I cannot hold it in any longer. With this new responsibility in life coming quickly, I have started to take the time and ponder about what type of father I want to be. I was fortunate enough to have two loving parents and grandparents into my early twenties and want to provide the same type of open atmosphere I was able to enjoy. I am also fortunate that my peers are strong family men and women and I have been able to learn from them. Here is a quick list of the things I believe are important for a father to teach his children:

1) Place God first in their lives.
2) Setting boundaries so a child knows that being a parent comes first and that sometimes, I will not be their friend.
3) Be mindful of my opinions; as I do not want to unknowingly push my individual beliefs upon my children without opening them to others. (Political, social, and personal beliefs).
4) Provide unconditional love and nuturing of a child.
5) Help them experience different cultures in life and be a guide to help my children understand how people are different.
6) Let them become their own person, but instill into them the morals my wife and I hold.


~Milt~

Comments:
Milt. Congratulations, your life will never be the same, of this I am sure. My life changed the minute i heard my daughter's heatbeat for the first time. It is a journey that is as priceless as it is subliminally maddening in some ways. And I say "maddening" in a very good way, I cant explain it any other way. Whether from natural birth or through the process of adoption, the rearing of a child is the single, greatest experience any person can have. God bless you and your wife (and your new child? children?).
Parenting advice is always free at Truthpain :)
 
Dardin,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes, we are having twins!! I am anxiously awaiting the day of their birth. Should be in mid September.

~Milt~
 
Warning Milt: Parenting can have a devastating effect on your blog postings... believe me, I know!
Twins?... double the fun! Congrats again to you and Mrs. Milt.
 
... see what happens when you add me to your blog Milt?.... I just create angst amongst the hoi polloi :)
How are you? Hope you and your wife are happilly awaiting the double joy :)
 
Keep up the good work perfume donna karan 99 perfumes sprays Nit 2006 live games
 
Enjoyed a lot! »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?