Thursday

What if Illegal Aliens looked like her?


Publius of Protect and Defend wrote a Posting of a subject that I think needs bearing. What if our southern neighbor countries were all of European descent and culture?, and were mostly Caucasian?.... What if Europe itself was there and not Mexico....Think of the possibilities and ramifications as it applies to today's socio-politics. Is it really Illegal immigration most of America is harping about? or is it the TYPE of illegal aliens we don't approve of?.... Would the cross-border problems of health, drugs, language etc be as blatant? or would they be more palatable...I'll shut up now, read the piece and make up your own mind...

Comments:
Well, let me see....... Okay, let them in. I would love to have 12 of her living in the trailer down the street. My lawn would look so nice.

~Milt
 
Nice to see some humor in this... this is the least-acerbic reply I've gotten from ANY immigration posting I've done. The mine-field is not for the meek of heart.
 
Interesting premise...I read about 3/4's of the way through on Publius' post. I think there is some latent racism underlying some of the anti-Hispanic illegal immigration. But I think a larger part of it is the notion that they are coming here, uneducated, and a drain on our society.

I'm non-white, but grew up in middle-America, white upper-middle class, military brat. I largely identify with "white" culture. I don't feel like a "sell-out" or anything like that. I've had it on my agenda to do a post on this topic.

Thanks for visiting my blog, btw.
 
glad to see you drop by,... ive been visitng your associates Rosemarie and Bos'un... a lot of info there, ....welcome!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?