Sunday

OK, SO I LIKE THE SHOW...


Man, this blogging world can get serious in a hurry. I've been doing this regurlarly for about a month and a half and already I've aged a few years and care more about things than I care to care about... did that make ANY sense to anybody? So in the interest of adding a measure of levity to an otherwise bombastic posting, I offer this.

Isn't the Glen Beck show cool? As a self professed news and web junkie I love the Cable talk shows. Chris Mathews (fast, insightful, pitbull determination, but too much fawning over Theresa Heinz-Kerry), Keith Olberman (VERY good, leftist view nonewithstanding... talent is talent), Bill O'reilly (I liked him more a few years ago before he gave Falafel a bad name...) Lou Dobbs (love the show, and even more since he's been on the illegal immigration wagon-train). I think they all have something to offer if you look past your own prism glasses.

But lately, I'm hooked on the new CNN Glenn Beck show. I never liked his radio show (and they did cancel it here in the Bay Area for low ratings), it just never worked for me. But on TV, I get him. His pieces are diverse, he's very engaging and has a self-depracating way to which I can relate. Not to mention he did a rare thing,... got me to tears with a piece on a Soldier who adopted an Iraqui Orphan with cerebral palsy,.. yep, I was ballin' like my 5-year old with a boo boo. It's good to know that even in this age of media cynicism that a pragmatic man such as myself can be paralyzed in emotion by a good story.

Thats it. Tomorrow I'll be back for my regular Magna Carta-length postings.

Comments:
Dardin, thanks for carrying the Blog lately...I've been Blogged out a bit. I am not ashamed that I am a Beck fan as well...I only wish that we could pick up Mark Levin in Indy. He is a bit edgey...but good. Hey, I changed the name display on the right column of the Blog so that our names could be displayed. If you don't want to, that is cool too.

Will
 
No worries on the absence Will. I took the weekend off as well and feel re-charged and ready to go. I am re-coconstructing my own blog to focus more on certain things, and if my 2 last postings are any indication, I am going to upset a lot of people :) Glad to have helped here as well.
No problem on the name change :)
 
I too, like Glenn Beck, but I only listen to the radio program.

~Milt
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?