Thursday

IS AMERICA GOOD OR WHAT?


Pessimists need not apply...
One of the reasons you don't hear too much good positive news on the cable shows, the network news and (my least favorite) self-important blogs, is because negativity sells. Sensationalism catches the eye. With sex, drugs, political scandals, blow-hards on the left and right, and flying human limbs coming at you in HDTV quality, ...heck who needs good news? Who wants to hear about the good of a Mother Theresa, the men and woman of our military building schools in Iraq, or pro-bono lawyers doing good work for the less fortunate when you can have 4 pandemics-a-gettin', 3 tornadoes-a-destroyin', 2 suicide bombers-a-flyin' and an Illegal in a pear tree (uh... picking them of course).
Well, not being one to shy away from ruining the day of the "Hate America" crowds here and abroad, I humbly submit to you my top ten reasons why America Rocks!
(DANGER: continuing this read may give you fuzzy feelings, happy joy-joy smiles and a severe case of optimism. We are not responsible for changes in your perspective or voting habits.)
(Note: This posting may be read in full at my own blog. Click me on the contributors link :)

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
great post Dardin. I almost forgot that there were patriotic people out there. With all of our constant whining, it is easy to see that we truly do not know how well we have it. The bickering, back-biting, name-calling, mud-throwing, back-stabbing...ahhhh, it is truly a haven FROM reality in a lot of respects. I bet there are plenty who scoff at the pettiness!

Will
 
Will, thanks!.. I HAD to do a posting like that. After a few days of surfing through what seemed an interminable volume of blogs, I realized that there is soooo much anger and resentment for everything that is bad about America. And I am not hiding our skeletons,.. God knows America has scars to heal and growing pains of its own,... but I just wrote it in a cathartic way of self cleansing. After the hate, anger, vile and frustration of 90% of the stuff I've read it was like bathing in a cool pool of water. I know it sounds corny... but ive never been more honest about something.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
The problem with the news media is that they are CAPITALISTS.

Good news does not sell. If it did, then I guess the 500 club would be the biggest rated show on TV.

So your beef is with making money, which is at odds with your core conservative value.

This is why the Republican party is in disarray today. It is at odds with itself.
 
...funny you should say "beef" since you are a veggie,... but I digress.
I am a capitalist, yes. And yes, I fully agree with you that Capitalism has tainted the objectivity and the efficiency of media in that News and News alone is not good enough any more for the stockholders. My posting was a simple way of counter -alancing things... espousing things as I see it, a commentary on media perspectives thats all.
As to the Republican party being in disarray? To be honest I don't care, its not my party... I am a conservative, not a republican. And those are two mutually exclusive things. The hosts of this kind blog may have a vested interests in the future of the party and that is good and well. But you extrapolate way too much by painting all conservatives as Republicans. I could paint you with many things at first glance but I choose to judge you by your opinions, not my inferences.
 
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it transsexual hormone therapy 2fblack chicks with dicks Blackberry my ringtones Tenuate worldwide shipping Mature picture galleries Fast online rx.com tramadol account card master merchant 20
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?