Monday


INTELLIGENCE FAT
(Miss Moneypenny certainly would not approve of this...)

Can anyone tell me why in the world the US needs 15 intelligence agencies?During the confirmation hearings for the new and latest goverment fat layer -the Director of National Intelligence-, I was astounded but not surprised to learn that John Negroponte would be the "Czar" of 15 intelligence agencies. Fifteen!

This is the official Government site for the intelligence tree (http://www.intelligence.gov/1-members.shtml). I count 6 for the military branches, 2 for in-country law enforcement, 4 for cabinet level directorates and 3 for James Bond stuff. Call me stupid or naive but just looking at this list has me of the opinion that there HAS to be severe overlapping responsibilities here, .... am I alone on an Island on this one? I would love to see what percentage chunk of the Federal Budget these 15 prima donnas takes in.

Lets cut the fat. I am fully for a strong, prevalent and take-no-prisoners policy as to intelligence gathering ability. But this largesse has been built through years of inter-agency squabling, military branch rivalries and territorial peeing. Its time to start consolidating these agencies into real-world efficiency entities. You keep hearing of inter-agency bickering and turf-protection... are you kidding me? Are we not all on the same team? Are the military branches not in the business of working together in a wondreous ballet of cooperation? (I know, I know.. but you get my drift).
Somebody CALIBRATE me on this please ...... (Will?... Milt?.... what say you?)
Dardin Edward

Comments:
ooops, sorry fellas, i went in to correct some syntax errors and posted it by error,... please add comments and re-post :)
 
Dardin,
Right on friend! You can't tell me that there aren't frequent situations when two, three, or four of these agencies are working the same cases without the others knowledge. It would be great to have three intelligence agencies. One domestic, one foreign, and the last works within the military. I have always been a hawk looking out for big government and this is it. I too am for the collection of information, but I'm sure we can cut a few arms off here and become more efficient.

~Milt~
 
The painful trhth is that this overlapping largesse is not limited to the intelligence community. I am just doing a little investigative work on the Housing and Urban development branch...... talk about an open drain of tax dollars going nowhere...
 
You want to have fun playing a game of federal budgeting?... go to the following site and see how the budget is split up. Enter what taxes you pain in any given year and it will split YOUR money in percentages to the line items. It is sobering and maddening.
http://www.wherearemytaxes.net/taxes.asp
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?