Saturday

Enter the rookie....

(Contributor's note: I am happy and honored to be given the opprotunity to contribute to Conservative Soup. My name is Truth-Pain...... release the hounds!)

A DAY WITHOUT AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!
(can we have a few more of those,... maybe a month?)

Round two of the Banana Republic, I mean the illegal immigration marches concluded last week. A few observations.

1. Does anybody know that a specific section of the Mexican Constitution makes it "high crime" to be in Mexico illegally and is punished by up to 2 years in prison? Hmmm, I wonder if anybody in Washington has mentioned that. Probably not. They are all making the electoral math for the elections of 2012, when many of these "undocumented" will run to the polls and vote for whomever gives them the most social programs. Not a judgment mind you, just a historical fact.

2. Mexico's southern border (with Guatemala) has been a target of Amnesty International for repeated "flagrant" acts against their neighbors to the south. Translation: The Mexican Army has the authority to shoot and kill any poor sucker getting caught waltzing across the border. A nice hypocracy by the Mexican junta considering they have epileptic seizures at the thought of our border patrol rounding up their citizens when they just happen to waltz into our neck of the woods.

3. If the marchers where boycotting to show their economic effects, why did they not boycott using the following services as well: Our hospitals: So that they don't keep going bankrupt under the sheer weight of having to serve so many un-insured and undocumented persons. Our public schools: So that MY kid isn't in an over-crowded room, in a classroom with a teacher who has to say every other word in Spanish, this retarding everybody's progress. Government housing: Such as HUD programs, that most of them get, and that are about to collapse here in California due to system abuse and volume. Working in the manual labor sector of the economy: Therefore not artificially depressing the labor rate so that it makes it possible for any American or LEGAL resident who has paid his dues with years in service and experience to compete in the work-place.

4. It just occurred occurred to me that if we all cut our own damn grass and pluck the weeds out of our yards, nearly a million illegal aliens would have to go to Canada and look for work there, that is if the Canadians let them in. After all, THEIR goverment is not as migration-friendly as the press will have you believe.

5. Every time you pull into "Homes" Depot and pick one of the day laborers for some task, you are feeding the fuel that keeps them coming back. Simple mathematics. Eliminate the magnet and motivation to cross the border and you eliminate the majority of the problem.

Lastly, on the day of the march I drove to a McDonald's drive through, and horror of horrors,... Somebody spoke to me in English! A day without an illegal Immigrant was so nice, that I am requesting the organizers of the march make it a 365 day a year thing.
A disclosure: I am Latino, my girlfriend is Latina, I am tri-lingual and I don't have a racist or bigoted bone in my body. I served my country in the military, I've been a registered member of both major political parties (don't ask me why...) and if you carve me up, my blood would drip the colors of my flag. My thoughts on this topic is driven by clinical thought, not emotional shrill.

Comments:
I love the column as it points out, yet more, duplicity that exists within the black and white veiws of the Left (yes, there are right-wing extremists that push for no immigration whatsoever). The gray is clearly in the orderly immegration allowed through legal means that makes the U.S. the most heavily entered pilgrim country in the world. Folks, we have something precious here...let's be careful with how it is distributed.

Will
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?