Friday

A Reagan Legacy








I published this story shortly after the death of President Reagan. I think it supports the stance of many that feel Reagan’s “peace through strength” philosophy benefited many!

My son Sashuka is a living legacy of Ronald Wilson Reagan. Born parentless in a small and poverty-stricken city, Sashuka spent his first four months in a dilapidated hospital. He was then placed in a cold, decaying orphanage with other malnourished and disease-stricken children. My wife and I went to Ukraine three years ago and returned with Sashuka, an underfed and scabies-ridden baby.

Today, Sashuka is a happy, healthy, energetic American citizen. Without President Reagan’s stand against the tyrannical government of the Soviet Union, Sashuka would likely be living in those same deplorable conditions. Reagan had to make his stand, not only against the Soviet government, but also against the media and left-leaning people that called him a “War-Monger” (coincidentally, these are the same groups that are against the War on Terrorism). Further, some criticized him for a budget-deficit that was only partly the result of this stand and mostly due to a tax-and-spend, liberal congress bent on socializing our economy.

My family is enjoying the benefits of Ronald Reagan's stance against communism and so are the families of more than 400,000 other former Eastern-European orphans!

Will Eastman

Comments:
My best to you and your family. The story of your child's coming to America is inspiring, especially in a time when the news today is filled with such despair and anger.

Good luck with the blog. Whenever I need to get my mad on, I'll stop by! You do the same with mine. Deal?

Peace.
David
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?